Saturday, March 22, 2008

JFK airport

so, no desire to write about my last day in london (which i enjoyed very much and had fish & chips for the 4th time!) b/c i am too distracted by homeland security and the outrageousness of their security checks. arriving into jfk (we departed an hour late) and my friend's cousin (she's a U.S. citizen) got picked as a "random selection" for extra security.

random my ass...

so i sat w/ her for 2 hrs in the security check area....guess what everyone else that got randomly selected looked like...

then i looked at the U.S. passport and it says, "The Secretary of State of the United States of America hereby requests all whom it may concern to permit the citizen/national of the United States named herein without delay or hindrance and in case of need to give all lawful aid and protection."

makes me wonder what really "without delay" is taken to mean. i'm guesing it's not the same as "right to a speedy trial."

makes me so mad. the guy next to me had been sitting waiting to get asked questions since 4 in the afternoon (by this time it's 8pm) insanity is america.

No comments: